Doctors regularly see very bizarre things that people do to themselves and the ones they love (or hate). This includes inserting various objects into the openings on ones body. One of the more remarkable ones I have seen just recently was published in the British Medical Journal. A woman, poking at her tonsils with her pen, accidentally swallowed it. 25 years later, GI symptoms prompted an evaluation which found the pen, still tuck in her stomach. It was cautiously removed by endoscopy, and amazingly still functioned.